The Consultant supports the activities of the company in areas of project implementation, business development and corporate development initiatives. The Consultant is a motivated and curious self-starter, continuously cultivating an ability to identify, communicate and develop practical and innovative solutions through research of best practices that can be adapted to our and our clients’ needs. They are committed to working in a team environment and providing support as needed to ensure client expectations are met and exceeded.
Core Areas of Accountability:
- Conducts regular and consistent review of business development tenders and recommend opportunities that represent good corporate fit
- Leads and/or supports development of expressions of interest (EOIs) and proposals
- Leads and/or supports recruitment of team members for EOIs and proposals
- Supports tracking and follow up on business development opportunities
- Supports development of corporate marketing materials
- Supports broader business development opportunities, such as identification of conferences and development of presentation materials.
- Produces content such as articles, blogs, and webinars to enhance the profile of IFCL with clients, prospective clients and business partners.
- Support in organizing the project within timelines that meet client expectations and availability of team resources and support work plan development as required
- Supports project team before, during, and after in-country missions, joining missions as needed and organizing meetings and logistics for project team consultants
- Documents project progress by using project management software to establish, track and monitor project deliverables and timeframes.
- Monitors client interactions as needed to ensure each communication touchpoint demonstrates unified messaging
- Organizing and motivating project teams, managing consultant relationships and providing onboarding and support as needed, directing project teams through the project lifecycle
- Keeps knowledge and information flowing seamlessly throughout relevant stakeholders (IFCL internal Projects unit, projects team, consultants, clients, etc.)
- Supports in analyzing and managing project risk
- Participates in project meetings and document the minutes, as required
- Follows data management and project closing procedures for each project to enable clean archiving of project files.
- Ensures client invoicing is performed in a timely manner in keeping with firm procedures; tracks invoicing based on project progress.
- Conducts research and analysis for project outputs
- Prepares reports and/or presentations as needed for project milestones
- Organizes inputs from projects team to provide support in structuring report and/or presentation preparation and formatting in IFCL standard quality
- Develops graphics and support in data visualization of content for project outputs
- Provides coordination and logistics support as needed at direction of Project Manager
- Supports the Project Manager or Project Team Lead in managing key account client relationships
- Supports the Project Manager or Project Team Lead in maintaining existing relationships to generate new business and develops new relationships.
- Actively participates in weekly Project Meetings, reviewing workload and addressing concerns as issues arise
- Demonstrates and champions IFCL’s core values and related behaviors across all aspects of team interactions and project execution
- Contribute to corporate strategy development and implementation
Key Relationships and Interactions:
- Reports to the Director of Projects
- Key collaborators: Projects unit, Business Development unit, Corporate Development unit
- Key external interactions: clients, external technical experts (consultants)
The ideal candidate will bring the following background and experience:
- Masters degree and at least 2-5 years of relevant work experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in managing projects funded by public or international development agencies and clients, and/or relevant private sector experience
- Experience in project management techniques, including monitoring, reporting, budgeting, staff management, and stakeholder management as well as knowledge management.
- Ability to support development of quality, client-ready deliverables that reaches IFCL high quality standards
- Organizational and management skills required to coordinate and implement projects
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and maintain quality, detail and organization across multiple assignments
- Ability to work and coordinate effectively with a remote team, building strong cross-functional relationships across the organization
We’d love to hear from you. Your application should include your resume, and a letter of introduction highlighting your experience. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org stating in the subject line: Consultant Opportunity.
Momentus is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diverse applicants.