We are looking for mid-level experts (5-10 years of experience and senior experts (minimum 10+ years of experience). Prior work in Africa, Asia and Latin America would be a strong asset, as would solid experience with climate topics in banking.
Key roles we are seeking expertise for include:
Climate Finance Advisory Project Manager
The individual shall be a senior expert (over 10 years relevant experience) with experience in the following areas:
- Extensive experience working on delivering climate/ESG advisory to financial institutions
- Demonstrable expertise in climate finance in a range of geographies
- Strong experience working on donor funded projects, knowledge of Program for Results-type financing activities
- Experience working on the implementation of green/climate credit lines would be an asset
- Strong project management experience
Climate Finance Expert
The Climate Finance Expert should provide expertise on a range of climate finance topics to be deployed with a variety of clients each with specific needs. The climate finance expert shall:
- Demonstrate deep experience in the deployment of climate finance tools, advising Financial institutions (FIs) such as commercial banks in identification, classifying, appraising and reporting on climate mitigation and adaptation projects
- Climate change risk/opportunity identification and the integration of climate issues into FI existing diligences and processes.
Climate Governance and Strategy Expert
The Climate Governance and Strategy Expert should be able to:
- Provide specific experience in helping financial institutions (commercial banks) develop or adapt strategies around to enhance the uptake of climate and ESG issues into management and operations.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of climate governance issues and a good understanding of how FIs work.
Sectoral Experts should:
- Demonstrate deep understanding/experience in at least one or more key sectors (Energy Efficiency, Renewable Energy, Sustainable Agribusiness and water use, or other sectors included in the Common Principles taxonomy for climate mitigation and adaptation)
- Experience working across different geographies to support the development of climate finance strategies and capacity building within partner financial institutions.
ESG Risk Management Expert
The ESG Risk Management Expert is to provide extensive experience in ESG risk management and Environmental and Social Management Systems within financial institutions (the goal is to ensure that individual assignments can effectively integrate climate issues and automate analyses into existing systems).
Marketing and Communications Expert (with experience around climate issues)
The Marketing and Communications Expert should have experience in marketing and communications around climate issues as well as financial institutions.
Other key experts in:
- Climate Science
- Emerging Markets
- Capital Markets
- Legal & Regulatory Frameworks
- Financial Product Developing
Please send your application to email@example.com stating in the subject line “Climate Expert and the job title” you are applying for. Your application should include your resume, and a letter of introduction highlighting your experience.